Saturday, July 16, 2011

About Me

Well, I feel that a second official post as a new blogger should be to enlighten my readers about myself.  My blogging coach sister has reminded me several times that this is still the internet and no personal information should be given....so here goes a very brief "About Me" section.

I'm two years out from being a purple wildcat and still mastering the skill of managing life. Although grocery shopping is no longer a sense of anxiety for me, I'm still not a fan.  Cooking something with those newly bought groceries, however, does cause anxiety....and usually several calls to my mom or sister.
 I love my profession as a 7th grade Language Arts teacher (ask me that during the middle of a school year...) and have lately been filling my time with reading good books while laying pool side.
 I currently reside at the self-proclaimed "Bachelorette Pad" (BP), and no, not like the TV show...at all. Just a fun place with fun girls that help me learn how to live life.  And if you know me at all, you know I don't deal well with change, which makes me very thankful to serve a God who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17)   

Here's a glimpse of things I've been up to this summer:   
(Have I mentioned as a teacher I haven't had to work since May 26th?)

I had the wonderful privilege of being "The Nanny" for girls of some good friends of mine!  This took me down to Gulf Shores, AL for five weeks.  I've come back with a greater appreciation for all the moms out there. 


My buddy, Ellie

Since then, I've had some great time with family on vacation in Wisconsin. We spent our days in typical Sauder vaca mode with mini-golf, waterparks, shopping, and lots of good food!


Yes, we still take pics by the signs

The Kid and I


I've also had some good time with this handsome, little guy!

If any of you read Just Jana then you recognize this cutie!
  Reality lurks around the corner with less than a month left of summer...I better go hit the pool!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! You're already so advanced using links in your post and everything! :)

    ReplyDelete